ELLEN Z. DARLING, CPM
Chief Executive Officer, Principal
With 34 years of commercial real estate and management experience, Ellen Darling, CPM, brings a wealth of knowledge to bear for clients. Ms. Darling serves as chief executive officer of Newmark Grubb Zimmer and leads the strategic direction and implementation of long range planning for the firm – She also serves as president and CEO of Zimmer Companies, Inc., the parent firm of the Zimmer organizations. She succeeds Hugh Zimmer in this role and is the third generation of the Zimmer family to head the firm.
Ms. Darling joined Newmark Grubb Zimmer in 1982, and since that time has been involved in every aspect of the company including marketing, sales and leasing, development, property and facility management, asset management and corporate operations. In addition to her overall leadership of the firm, the property and facilities management division is under her direct supervision. She oversees all activities of the property management, maintenance and accounting staffs; client relations; budgeting and implementation; staffing and new business development; and strategic planning. She also acts as asset manager for approximately 2 million square feet of office and industrial properties. Over the years, Ms. Darling has assisted numerous banks with troubled assets.
PARTIAL CLIENT LIST:
- International Brotherhood of Boilermakers
- Brotherhood Bank
- St. James Academy
- St. Paul’s Episcopal Day School
- Russell Stover Chocolates, LLC
- Romar Properties
- Member of the advisory board of directors, Commerce Bank, N.A
- Member of the advisory board, Capital City Bank
- Member, grievance and professional standards committees, Kansas City Regional Association of REALTORS
- Board member, Lenexa Chamber of Commerce
- Member, Lenexa Economic Development Council
- Member, Institute of Real Estate Management (IREM)
- Member, Kansas City Tomorrow Class of 2005, Civic Council of Kansas City
- Certified Property Manager (CPM) designation, IREM, 2004
- Licensed real estate salesperson, states of Missouri and Kansas
Additionally, Ms. Darling obtained IREM’s Accredited Management Organization (AMO) designation for Newmark Grubb Zimmer in 2002.
- Chairman, board of trustees, University of Missouri-Kansas City
- Executive committee and board member, Metropolitan Organization to Counter Sexual Assault (MOCSA)
- Member of the board of trustees, Rockhurst University
- Member of the board of directors, Starlight Theater
- Member of the board of directors, Shawnee Mission Medical Center Foundation
- Board member, Corporate Work Study Program, Cristo Rey Kansas City
- Member, The East Fund Grant Committee, Shawnee Mission East High School
Ms. Darling earned a Master of Business Administration degree from Rockhurst University and a bachelor’s degree from Trinity University in San Antonio, Texas.