MATTHEW D. MCFADDEN
Executive Managing Director, Principal - Global Corporate Services
Matthew McFadden joined Newmark Grubb Zimmer in 2008 and currently serves as an executive managing director and principal, head of the Global Corporate Services practice and member of the executive board, Matthew McFadden works to meet his clients’ unique commercial real estate needs while allowing them to focus on their core business. He focuses on tenant representation, strategic planning, portfolio and project management, and transactional drafting and negotiation.
Matthew McFadden has 17 years of corporate management and global real estate experience working for several Fortune 500 companies. He has developed a particular talent for understanding clients’ diverse real estate portfolios at a macro level and then identifying implementable opportunities coupled with clear strategies for execution.
Prior to Newmark Grubb Zimmer, Mr. McFadden managed a 15 million-square-foot global real estate portfolio for Honeywell International Inc. He began his career at Sprint, where he managed a national retail and office portfolio.
RECENT CLIENT INITIATIVES:
- National portfolio restructuring for a retail client, resulting in real estate cost-savings of more than $8 million
- National portfolio restructuring for a retail client, resulting in real estate cost-savings of more than $5 million
- National portfolio restructuring for a retail client, resulting in real estate cost-savings of more than $2 million
- Site selection and transaction management for a high-growth international creative media arts client in New York City, Atlanta, Miami, Chicago, Los Angeles and San Francisco
- Transaction management for an international Fortune 100 client with office, manufacturing, distribution and warehouse needs across North and South America
- Transaction management for an international Fortune 100 client with office, manufacturing, distribution and warehouse needs across South America
- Transaction management for a Fortune 200 communications and technology client with assets across North America
- Heavy Hitters in Commercial Real Estate, Kansas City Business Journal, 2016
- 40 Under Forty, Ingram’s Magazine, 2013
- Value Award, Site Vision Award, Six Sigma Plus
- Top Performers Award, Honeywell International
- Civic Council of Kansas City, Kansas City Tomorrow, Class of 2011 – 2012
- Member, Kansas City, Missouri Business Leadership Council
- Board member, Metropolitan Community College Foundation
- Board member, 3&2 Baseball of Kansas City
- Licensed real estate salesperson states of Missouri and Kansas
Mr. McFadden holds a Juris Doctor degree from Washburn University School of Law and a Master of Business Administration degree from the W.P. Cary School of Business at Arizona State University. He also holds a Bachelor of Science degree in political science from James Madison University.
Mr. McFadden lives in the Brookside community of Kansas City, Missouri, with his wife Elizabeth and their three very active boys.