JOHN STRHARSKY, CFM, LEED AP
John Strharsky joined Newmark Grubb Zimmer in 2002 and currently serves as a vice president/property manager. Mr. Strharsky brings to his position 30 years of property management experience. He is currently responsible for a portfolio of commercial office and industrial property totaling approximately 1.2 million square feet.
Mr. Strharsky has managed more than $100 million in construction and renovation projects. As an owner representative and project manager, he has been responsible for a large number of property management functions that includes leasing, tenant relations, budgeting, collections, finance, contracting, planning, and zoning and construction management.
Mr. Strharsky joined Newmark Grubb Zimmer after serving as property manager for two major healthcare organizations. As corporate director of facilities management for Olathe Medical Center, he managed a portfolio of 200 acres of property, two hospitals, 15 clinics, three ofﬁce buildings and parking facilities. His responsibilities included oversight of property management, strategic planning, construction project management, contract administration and tenant services. He also successfully managed the construction of several medical clinics and a $30 million hospital expansion project during his tenure.
Previously, Mr. Strharsky served as director of engineering at Truman Medical Center. In this role, he managed a healthcare complex located in downtown Kansas City comprising more than 1 million square feet of buildings on 17 acres of property. His responsibilities included management of plant operations, maintenance, safety, space planning, design and construction project management.
- Member, Associated Builders and Contractors; business development committee, 1999 and 2000
- Member, scholarship committee chair and former president, International Facilities Management Association (IFMA)
- Certified Facility Manager® (CFM), International Facility Management Association (IFMA)
- Member, Corporate Real Estate Council (CREC)
- Member and former president, Lions Club
- LEED® Accredited Professional, U.S. Green Building Council
- Licensed real estate salesperson, states of Kansas and Missouri
Mr. Strharsky earned a Master of Business Administration degree from Mid-America Nazarene University and a bachelor’s degree in business administration from Park University.