Justin Beal joined Newmark Grub Zimmer in 2014 and currently serves as a director at the firms Kansas City office. Mr. Beal specializes in landlord & tenant representation as well as site selection for the development and implementation of retail tenants’ expansion strategies. He brings to his position over 15 years of business management and ownership experience that includes successfully owning two companies for the past 10 years. He also has vast experience in client relations as well as negotiating contracts ranging in value from $50,000 to $20 million.
Mr. Beal currently represents approximately 2 million square feet of retail properties throughout the Kanas City MSA and is working with clients on site selection in multiple major metropolitan areas around the country. He has represented clients that range from startups to national retailers. Mr. Beal is responsible for being intimately familiar with all building tenants, owners and transactions within his market.
Mr. Beal is currently involved in a $250,000,000 redevelopment project in one of Kansas City’s more blighted urban districts. This project would bring Class A retail, restaurants, hotels and office development to a neglected area that has rich history dating back to when Kansas City was founded. This project has the ability to spearhead more than $1,000,000,000 of development throughout the submarket.
Mr. Beal is a member of several professional organizations including the International Council of Shopping Centers (ICSC), Kansas City Regional Associations of Realtors (KCRAR), Certified Commercial Investment Member (CCIM), Blue Springs Rotary and a former city councilman.
In addition, Mr. Beal attends all of the major retail conferences throughout the United States, including but not limited to ICSC in Las Vegas, New York and Chicago.
PARTIAL LIST OF LEASE TRANSACTIONS:
- As a landlord representative:
- 1825 SW 7 Highway, Blue Springs, MO, Royal Investment Group: The Salvation Army, 14,691 SF
- 12414 S. 71 Highway, Grandview, MO, Kancov GM, LLC: Day Spa, 12,000 SF
- As a tenant representative:
- 8550 Holmes Road, Kansas City, MO, Chief Pony and Holmes, LLC: Caring Hands and Hearts of Kansas City, Inc., 13,514 SF
PARTIAL LIST OF SALE TRANSACTIONS:
- Representing seller:
- Plaza 3rd Center, 694-714 SE 3rd Street, Lee’s Summit, MO: Parrot Properties, Inc. sold to Wells Realty LLC
- Grandview Village Shopping Center, 11900-11906 Blue Ridge, Grandview, MO: Grandview Village Shopping Center, LLC sold to IP Investments, Inc.
PARTIAL CLIENT LIST:
- Dairy Queen
- Design Within Reach
- Inland National Real Estate Services
- Pinot’s Palette
- Tutera Group
- International Council of Shopping Centers (ICSC)
- Kansas City Regional Association of Realtors (KCRAR)
- Lee’s Summit Chamber of Commerce, Lee’s Summit, MO
- Independence Chamber of Commerce, Independence, MO
- Blue Springs Chamber of Commerce, Blue Springs, MO
- Blue Springs Rotary Club
- Licensed real estate salesperson, states of Kansas and Missouri
Mr. Beal holds a Master of Business Administration degree in project management from Columbia Southern University and a bachelor’s degree in marketing from the University of Central Missouri.